The intention of this Phillips science of dental materials citation is to present in simple terms the basic material science involved with the most commonly-used dental biological materials. It is constantly updated through reading current dental journals, textbooks, and conference proceedings. Dental properties are generally presented with data in graphs to make it easier for the practitioner to relate to the material he uses on a daily basis.
Phillips Science Of Dental Materials 11th Edition Pdf is the book you need to begin your journey towards dentistry as a student in their first year or second year of college. And that book you need can be read for free without any extra cost or registration at infolearners where all this and more is available
All in all, I have no hesitation in recommending this dental materials book pdf free download to students who are looking for the fundamental material properties of dental biomaterials, or to practitioners requiring a concise but detailed discussion on the fundamental properties of materials they are expected to manipulate. This book will be useful to the authors involved in materials science and will make an excellent text for graduate students studying TMD.
The author deals with dental ceramics and some composites in some detail. Other materials, such as metal and glass ionomers, and various new and experimental fillings, are also discussed in a manner which makes the book generally complete. Each of the materials is discussed in a manner which enables the reader to understand it and recognize its limitations. The measurement techniques for many of these properties are explained, and they should be understood by dental students. In each case the comparison is made between the measured property and the value obtained from test methods recommended or commonly used in evaluation of materials. From this point of view the book is excellent.
About The Book Phillips Science Of Dental Materials 11th Edition Pdf Free Download
This book covers the basic material science of most commonly-used dental materials. It is generally easy to read and understand and is as current as any text dedicated to the subject. Most of the properties which govern the performance of dental biological materials are presented in a manner which should be understood by dental students and dentists. Since manipulation of materials ranges from 50 to 90 per cent of what dentists spend their work time doing, a book like this should be part of their reference library.
This book serves that purpose well. The editors are well-known experts in their respective fields and have chosen keen contributions from competent and established investigators to effectively discuss and elucidate all areas covered by this textbook. As a former faculty member, who taught in dental schools and carried out research programs, and now a general dental practitioner who still participates in material science research, I highly recommend this book.
The 11th edition of this leading reference is an outstanding, scientifically based source of information in the field of dental materials science. It presents up-to-date information on materials that are used in the dental office and laboratory every day, emphasizing practical, clinical use, as well as the physical, chemical, and biological properties of materials. Extensive new clinical photographs in this edition illustrate the topics, and color plates are integrated close to related concepts as they’re discussed in each chapter. A new glossary of key terms found at the beginning of every chapter defines terms in the appropriate context of the chapter’s discussion. Also in this edition, critical thinking questions throughout the book stimulate the readers’ curiosity on specific topics, test their existing knowledge, and heighten their awareness of important or controversial subjects.
• Content outlines at the beginning of each chapter provide a quick reference for specific topics.
• The roles played by key organizations in ensuring the safety and efficacy of dental materials and devices are described – such as the American Dental Association, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, the International Organization for Standardization, and the Fédération Dentaire Internationale.
• Up-to-date Selected Readings are presented at the end of each chapter to direct readers to supplemental literature on each topic.
• Numerous boxes and tables throughout summarize and illustrate key concepts and compare characteristics and properties of various dental materials.
• Distinguished contributors lend their credibility and experience to the text.
• Content has been completely updated to include information on the most current dental materials available.
• Glossaries at the beginning of each chapter define key terms used within the context of that chapter.
• Revised artwork gives this edition a fresh look, with high-quality illustrations and clinical photos to aid in the visualization of materials and procedures described.
• Reorganization and consolidation of chapters into four major book parts presents the material in a more efficient way: Part I describes the principles of materials science that control the performance of dental materials in dental laboratories, research laboratories, student dental clinics, public health clinics, and private practice clinics. Part II focuses on impression materials, gypsum products, dental waxes, casting investments and procedures, and finishing and polishing abrasives and procedures.
• Part III provides an updated scientific and applied description of the composition, manipulation principles, properties, and clinical performance of bonded restorations, restorative resins, dental cements, dental amalgams, and direct-filling golds.
• Part IV presents a basic and applied description of materials that are processed in a laboratory or dental clinic.
• Critical thinking questions appear in every chapter to stimulate thinking and classroom discussion.
• The overall design has been improved to provide a more visually appealing format.
About the author: Phillips Science Of Dental Materials 11th Edition Pdf Free Download
Kenneth J Anusavice, DMD, PhD, Professor and Chairman, Department of Dental Biomaterials, College of Dentistry, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL.